Data Protection and GDPR.
Main data statement in brief:
- Someone in our place of work is responsible for making sure we comply with the Data Protection Act and EU GDPR regulation.
- Relevant people in my place of work have been trained in how to handle personal information.
- When collecting personal information, we tell people how we will use it.
- We have a process in place so we can respond to requests for the personal information we hold.
- We keep records of people’s personal information up to date and don’t keep it longer than necessary.
- We have measures in place to keep the personal data we hold safe and secure.
Company registration number
Oakey Automotive Services Limited
Carterton Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ, UNITED KINGDOM
Customer enquiries contact details
Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, Oakey Automotive Services Limited, Carterton Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ, UNITED KINGDOM
Nature of work
Motor Mechanics, MOT and Servicing
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to repair and maintain our customers vehicles; maintain our accounts and records; and to support and manage our employees. We process personal information using a CCTV system to monitor and collect visual images for the purpose of security and the prevention and detection of crime.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- personal details
- family details
- vehicle details, including previous vehicles
- financial details
- goods/services provided
- visual images and personal appearance and behaviour
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- customers and clients
- individuals captured by CCTV images
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the EU’s GDPR policies. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- goods/service providers
- police forces
- suppliers and central government
Consulting and advisory services
Information is processed for consultancy and advisory services that are offered. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, financial details, and the goods and services provided. This information may be about customers and clients. Where necessary this information is shared with the data subject themselves, business associates and other professional advisers, current, past or prospective employers and service providers.
Transferring information overseas
We do not transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Main contact details
Mrs Holly Oakey, Managing Director, email@example.com, 01993 843 792. Oakey Automotive Services Limited, Carterton Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ, UNITED KINGDOM